COMMUNITY OF LIGHTS
To register for Community of Lights
Prizes to the top 8 decorations!
7 gift cards to Jamestown area restaurants/retailers
1 Residential American Flag Kit
We can increase our total number of prizes if anyone else is interested in donating! Please contact Zach at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Big thanks to our awesome prize sponsors!
- Eligibility: Community of Lights is a free to enter decorating contest for all residents within the City of Jamestown, Town of Ellicott, Town of Kiantone, and Town of Busti. Community of Lights is open only to those who legally enter the contest and who are 18 as of the date of entry. Employees and board members of Jamestown Renaissance Corporation, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to receive prizes. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted through the Google Form, which can be found at https://jamestownupclose.com/lights/. Entries will be accepted starting March 23, 2020, and will continue to be accepted until April 5, 2020 at 11:59PM EST.
Winners will be determined via public vote from April 8, 2020 until April 14, 2020
- Additional Conditions: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, postage due, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entry applications, which will be disqualified and destroyed. No entries will be accepted from or on behalf of, corporations, trusts, partnerships, or other entities.
- Prizes: The total number of prizes will be directly determined by the number of donations. Prize types include gift cards and other donated goods. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Jamestown Renaissance Corporation to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the contest will be determined by total number of likes on the Facebook photo on the week of voting. Winners will be notified via the contact information provided in their official entry on April 15, 2020. Jamestown Renaissance Corporation shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to return contact by May 20, or fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that Jamestown Renaissance Corporation, anyone acting on behalf of Jamestown Renaissance Corporation, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Giveaway, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: Jamestown Renaissance Corporation reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such case, Jamestown Renaissance Corporation may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Jamestown Renaissance Corporation. Jamestown Renaissance Corporation reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Jamestown Renaissance Corporation reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Jamestown Renaissance Corporation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND NEW YORK STATE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York State having jurisdiction.
Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Jamestown Renaissance Corporation, 301 E Second Street, Suite 301 Jamestown, NY 14701. Requests must be received no later than May 20, 2020.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Giveaway is Jamestown Renaissance Corporation, 301 E Second Street, Suite 301 Jamestown, NY 14701.